Friday, August 3, 2012

Man in the Mirror - ASL Version


Being an intern at Madonna during the Winter semester, part of my job was to help the ASL students create a music video that uses sign language for the lyrics. I have seen the past projects and was excited to help produce one with a group.


I met with my group, and they picked Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror". We had some brainstorming sessions, from the storyline to locations. For practical purposes, we decided to shoot on Madonna's campus.

The music video was shot with a Canon T3i. The opening of the music video was done in the Madonna TV studio, with a green screen used to project the images. I created a custom dolly by putting the camera on a tripod, and it put it on a rolling cart. I used this creative approach a few times in the video, and it really worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment