Friday, August 3, 2012

Celebrating Valentine's Day in the World of Warcraft

Machinima has become a popular art form on the Internet. Machinima can be anything from a video or a piece of art that uses in-game graphics from a computer game to tell a personal story. Being a huge fan of the World of Warcraft, I made a tie-in from the game for Valentine's Day.


To successfully capture footage from the video, I ran Warcraft on my Macbook which allowed me to record video from the game. It's a feature that is only available to the Mac, not the PC. From the recording, I had to convert the footage to the MOV format, so I could edit it in Final Cut. I used MPEG Streamclip, a shareware program, to do the necessary conversion.

I did not really have a storyboard in mind, I just basically logged into the game and worked on the fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment