Sunday, April 3, 2011

BCA 3750 - News - Aflac Duck Spokesperson Audition

This news opportunity just sort-of fell into my lap. I offered to help Bill Garvey, who is the spouse of a Madonna faculty member, with the Aflac duck spokesman audition. Aflac fired their former duck spokesperson, Gilbert Gottfried, after he posted some unappealing comments about Japan after their disaster. Aflac started a contest to find their next duck spokesperson.

At first, Bill wasn't excited about doing it because the job description said they preferred an actor with experience. However, that was not a requirement, so I convinced Bill that we should just go for it.


Bill recorded his duck impersonations with different emotional voices from angry to happy. He definitely impressed me because I really didn't have much of an idea how a person imitating a duck would sound like.

WATCH "BCA 3750 - AFLAC DUCK SPOKESPERSON AUDITION" ON YOUTUBE

What I did was record Bill's duck impersonations in Soundtrack Pro, and export the audio into Final Cut Pro to splice it all together with the good takes. Then, I exported the project into Soundtrack Pro and made a MP3.

I wish Bill luck in the contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment