Sunday, April 3, 2011

BCA 3750 - News - Stiggy's Dogs

Stiggy's Dogs is an organization in Livonia that provides service dogs to veterans who return from war with post traumatic stress disorder and similar disorders. The service dogs help them cope with issues like being in crowded area. The dogs give the veterans a feeling of comfortable, and the dogs can help them plan routes if they want to go around a crowded area.



When I did my interviews there, I did not plan to include my questions or myself on camera. It wasn't needed. So, I prepared my interviewees that I wanted complete answers. I shot with editing in my mind the entire time, and I like how the piece turned out.

WATCH "BCA 3750 - NEWS - STIGGY'S DOGS" ON YOUTUBE

The dogs were pretty excited when I was there, but they eventually calmed down so I got some pretty good b-roll of them. I came with tripod, which is definitely my new best friend on shoots. Having steady and balanced shots definitely makes a new piece have more of a professional look and feel.

I did shoot more than I had in my news piece. I filmed Donna talking about the dogs being trained to alert their owners when to take their pills. I wasn't completely thrilled with how the footage turned out, and decided to cut it. For the next time I do a piece, I will plan the shot a little better and watch it the playback on the camera to decide if it's good enough, or time for a redo.

No comments:

Post a Comment