Saturday, February 12, 2011

News Class Interview

It's mock interview time! I wanted to something fun for my next News assignment, but unfortunately, this turned out to be more-or-less a fun side video that didn't quite fit the guidelines of the assignment. My goal behind this interview was to a improv interview, where I interview a video pirate, portrayed by Brett Wheat, a fellow Madonna student. The exciting part of this interview is that it was all one take, and besides perhaps one time, the video pirate and I kept a great composure throughout it.



For interview b-roll, I found some Hardee's training video footage from the 1980s on Youtube, which pertained to the fact that the video pirate steals restaurant training videos.

WATCH "BCA 3750 - NEWS - CAMPUS CLOSEUP INVESTIGATORS" ON YOUTUBE

A challenge of this interview was shooting outside in the snow. My camerawoman, Karlyn Eck, another Madonna student, had to adjust the aperture of the camera when shooting from the street, and when shooting at the front door. It was a fun challenge of the project to learn more about camera work.

I am still working on my interview skills. Even though I don't envision myself as a news reporter, speaking well is important in any job.

No comments:

Post a Comment